Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Power of the, ONE, TWO, THREE!

How to maintain your sanity!
Isn’t it amazing how kids are so predictable?
For years I’ve had to control myself when my little boy pushed my buttons. You know, your child does something they shouldn’t do. You tell them to stop!
But they care not what you want, so they repeat it. You tell them to cut it out!
But they have selected hearing and so once again they go about their way.
You start feeling the lava inside you bubbling away slowly, but you try to stay calm.

They keep doing what they know you DON’T want them to do. With each second that passes it feels like someone has put the temperature inside you up and those bubbles start boiling.
You know you are about to explode and you warn them yet again. Cut it out or I’ll????
You’ll what? they reply. GRRRRRRRR, and then just as I’m about to freak out I remember, the power of the ONE, TWO, THREE, and so I start with my countdown.
ONE, stop it cause you will be sorry. They keep at it.
TWO, I’m not kidding! You can see that they are now worrying.
I’m about to say IT! When suddenly STOP. They do as they are told without hesitation.
I’ve never made it to the THREE lol in my countdown.
Yes my child has asked me, “What will happen at the count of THREE”? I look at him seriously and reply, “If I were you, I would never want to find out”.
Before I know it things are back to normal and a peaceful life is resumed. Admittedly, plenty of times I have kicked myself for freaking out before remembering the power of the ONE, TWO, THREE, which if I used it in the first place would allow my river of flowing blood to stay calm at all times.
So for those of you who are at your whits ends and you know not what to do when your adorable little sweetheart just won’t listen, just take a deep breath and remember, the power of the ONE, TWO, THREE....
Happy parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment